A new version of Etterna has been released!
Warning: Backup everything that you care about before upgrading any version of Etterna. Specifically you will most likely want to backup your Save folder located (assuming default path)
C:\Games\Etterna\Save and Noteskins
C:\Games\Etterna\Noteskins. There is a known bug where your old goals may not get imported into the new client, if you have many goals or they are important to you BACKUP YOUR Etterna.xml!
- You can now filter by length of song.
- EtternaOnline Integrations
- Login to the website in game (See your online stats like rating and rank).
- Upload scores automatically - this includes your offset plot.
- Synchronize your favorites and goals between the game and website.
- In game leaderboards are now available for current rate or all rates.
- Leaderboards can be right clicked to detach from the tab and moved anywhere you want, just try it.
- NO MINES SCORE ARE NOW INVALID
- No holds scores are also now considered invalid and a lot of gimmick files will be marked invalid scores.
- The default Etterna song pack is now gone.
- When starting the game with no songs you will be given a choice of bundles to install that were hand selected by the development team and community. These range in difficulty from Beginner to Expert and should be perfect to get anyone started with the game.
- Pack downloads are now available in game and work much better than previously. You can search, filter by difficulty, size etc... There is a whole new interface for the pack downloading that gives you access to the bundles mentioned above and other bundles such as expanded versions of each difficulty. More bundles will be added in the future.
- Packs now enter a download queue and can be downloaded to either the default song folder or additional song folders. The entire pack downloading system has been reworked and should be very stable except for a few cases e.g. 10Dollar dump dump revolution pack.
- Tags - you can now create your own tags and apply them to any file, you can then filter by those tags. As an example you could have a tag called Funny and apply it to comedic charts, you can then filter to just those charts at any time.
- There is now a preview for noteskins in the song options, so you can see exactly what your noteskin will look like before you choose to use it.
- On the search page, hold ctrl + a number to input a number like 1 or 5.
- New Themeing API Calls
- Access download speed in kB/s
- Set judge timing
- Differential Reloading
- Main menu options are now clickable.
- We have moved to LuaJIT providing better runtime speeds for lua scripts.
- The cmd call has been removed from the Lua API and thus any Noteskins or Lua files using it need to be modified.
- Etterna has a fresh new look that is more modern and minimalistic in its design decisions, trust us - it's way better.
- There is a brand new cache system that changes the way everything works when dealing with caching charts. We have moved to SQLite for caching this means that the game will load exponentially faster than before. If your loading is slow make sure you have FastLoad set to ON in your preferences.ini.
Note: the first load of the game will be slow as everything gets cached and added to the database, after the initial load however, the game will load extremely quickly.
- Replay data now tracks column data, this allows us to show you if you combo break on your left of right hand and show you the accuracy of each hand on the offset plot. This new replay data contains enough to eventually create an entire replay system, so be on the look out for that in the future.
- The error bar now has a new mode called EWMA (Exponential Weighted Mean Average) that is much less cluttered and provides a single bar of feedback on if you hit late or early.
- Linux and Mac have finally reached feature parity with Windows. Linux and Mac now both support mouse fully and thus can use every feature available in the game.
- Added a preference to download songs to your additional songs folder rather than standard.
- Game update button now shows on the home screen if an update is available for your version of the game.
- Lyrics are now disabled by default.
- There are new default avatars available in the game, they can be selected by clicking the avatar box. There is also a new default Toasty and Toasty sound.
- Beginner and Easy charts no longer default to failoff. You can still achieve this by setting failoff manually, but it was decided that automatic failoff was more evil than good.
- Work has started on our own multiplayer server, this provides a much better experience than SMO and is still under development but is useable with this version of the game (More info to be released at a later date).
- Ability to rebind the restart key is now available in options.
- Scroll lock has been rebound to ctrl+scroll lock, no more accidental service screens.
- Pump it up holds are less broken than before and no longer crash the game.
- Multiple profiles should now work.
- Song synchronization issues are now resolved.
- KB7 mode has gotten some love and should be slightly better than it used to be.
- Lifts should be fixed.
- Rates in the Song Options screen now follow sane ordering.
- Supershuffle has been fixed, the left hand bias has been eliminated.
- Fixed the game clicking when outside of the game window.
- Removed the old reload songs option since it was not needed and caused more issues than good.
- A lot of work went into finding and fixing memory leaks using static analysis tools. More work will be done using dynamic analysis at a later date, the long and short of it is - less memory bugs.
- Pump it Up holds still have some issues that are being looked into.
- Fullscreen screenshots on D3D will work maybe 0.5% of the time...
- Fake notes don't work as intended.
- Clicking the multiplayer on the main menu will not work.
- Your old goals may not get imported into the new client, if you have many goals or they are important to you BACKUP YOUR Etterna.xml!
- Sorting by grade works, but it shows as one large group.
Thank you to everyone that helped make this release possible!
Foxfire, Gazelle, Jole, Jousway, Lurker, Frustration, Nekonabe, poco0317, 11brendon, Windoze, Deamerai, Elekton, Nixo, Prim, Herkkupala, Pixl, Noderum, Bobini, Cataclysm, Decibel, ixsetf, DD, Jamu, ulti, Providence, Flossy.
If your name is not on the list, it is not because you didn't help, but because TheROPFather is dumb, @ him on discord and you will be added :)
A new version of Etterna has been released!
The latest version of Etterna (0.56.2) is now available to download, this version
is a major iteration of the internal calculator and as such will be the
required version for use with Etterna Online. You do NOT have to get all your scores again, you simply need to
import your old profile into the new client and it will perform recalculation.
With the latest update the client has also been brought more inline with the website
this means that your online skill rating and client should be much, much closer now.
There are still discrepancies due to website blacklisting but the two should feel
With all this said the website now only accepts Etterna.xml files from the new version and old non updated scores are marked as legacy.
Good luck and have fun!
Welcome to the EtternaOnline Open Beta
This website has been a long time coming and finally we've arrived at a point in time where opening it up to the public
seems the logical step. A little about the site, originally the site was created to provide better searching of packs
with more pertinent information such as file difficulties and artists. The need for a leaderboard based on Etterna's
difficulty calculator has been needed for a while and this site has adapted to meet this need.
If you want to participate all you need to do is create an account and upload your Etterna.xml file at this point
all scores that are present will be tracked provided they are from charts listed on the website - this means if you
have a score on a single release chart or some obscure chart it won't be tracked, however please feel free to
request packs to be added I'm more than happy to do that.
- Why is my overall rating different to the client?
- The website uses a different calculation to the client, however it is likely that the client
will adopt the same method as the site in the future.
- Why isn't a score I got tracked?
- Only charts from the packs on the site are tracked if you want a pack added please request it in the EtternaOnline discord
A Final Notice
I must reiterate that this is an open beta, bugs are expected and the whole idea is to iron them out if you do find
bugs please report them to us. We have a discord that can be used to make pack requests, site requests and bug reporting
feel free to join us and hang out even if you have no requests.